Tuesday, January 30, 2007

weekend...

It’s quite a long time I’ve not spend weekend at my boarding house (San Andres, Bukid) and last Saturday when I went to the office, I didn’t pack my things, didn’t bring a huge bag and didn’t bother to collect my dirty clothes and bring to the laundry. When I woke up, I just donned a simple shirt which I paired to a blue jeans, wore a pair of slippers and held my everyday bag.


That day, I and my old college friends met.


I went back to the boarding house early around 3 PM to meet Paul who’s near to blow to madness for waiting. I talked to him, explained the reason why I was late and one-by-one spoke to him the time of coming of others. (Because I was only the arranger, organizer and planner of our gathering!) After a few minutes, Jovel came in new jeans, shirt, shoes and accessories with blue contact lenses. O di ba ang taray?! And Vale, the lady who never stopped asking if we will still go, keep on texting me, where’s Russ? Is Jovel already there? Are we really going to meet? Blah blah blah. We fetched her at 7-eleven near our place. Then finally, Russell arrived with deranged hair.

We ordered pizza for dinner and watched Christina Aguilera’s “Stripped” concert. After few minutes of resting we headed to Library, Malate.

I never stop laughing that night. The gay and gal hosts were hilarious. Some of their punchlines:

Gal: Di man ako kasing ganda ng Nanay mo, kasing sexy ng Ate mo, malay mo isa ako sa pinatuwad ng Tatay mo.

Gay: Di man ako kasing ganda ng Nanay mo, kasing sexy ng Ate mo, malay mo ako ang Tatay mo.

The primetime host was Teri Onor. He’s so funny and in fairness he has a voice. We went home almost 2AM. We should have finished the show but I can’t stop my eyes from shutting so I demanded to go home.

Jovel slept over at my room. FYI, he’s a gay. He left around 8AM to catch a friend. I woke up around 11 AM, grabbed a snack and started collecting my used clothes for washing. Haayz. Wait. I first cleaned my room before washing. Hehe.

After I finished my chores, Alben came. We just watched nonsense programs on TV (Because my TV only have 4 channels) and after an hour he left to play for 6 o’ clock mass at Sta. Ana church.

I was already in pajama when, surprisingly, he came back after the mass because, yes, I know, he misses me. Hahaha! I don’t know what’s with him why he coaxed me to go outside to buy ice cream and carbs.


We watched the movie “In Her Shoes” by Cameron Diaz, Toni Collete and Shirley McLaine. We liked the story. It’s a story of two sisters who share nothing in common - other than the same shoe size - who eventually learned the meaning of family and the bonds of sisterhood.

Cameron Diaz stars as Maggie, the bad seed.

She’s the daughter who cheated and stole and generally made you embarrassed to claim her as part of the family. Her beautiful body, combined with her ability to turn on the charm as needed, gets her through life. Sleeping with anything attractive to get a free meal or drinks, Maggie’s aimless and wanders through life knowing she can always fall back on her hard-working, dependable sister.

Toni Collette plays Rose, the sister who holds down a well paying job, can be counted on to do the right thing, and has a penchant for buying beautiful shoes she knows she’ll never wear. The only mark against her is that she’s carrying on a torrid affair with her boss.

When Maggie’s kicked out of their father’s house (their stepmother’s a real harpy who doesn’t care for either daughter), Rose allows her to stay at her place until she can get on her feet. But getting on her feet isn’t easy for Maggie. Her dyslexia makes her lose out on a gig at MTV. She tries to be good by getting a job helping to take care of animals but soon fails at even that simple task. She borrows Rose’s car and gets it towed away. Nothing seems to work for Maggie other than using her looks to procure favors from men. When she impulsively decides to sleep with Rose’s boyfriend, that act proves to be too much for even Rose to forgive.

After being booted out of Rose’s place, Maggie heads to her dad’s in search of money and maybe a place to stay temporarily. Rifling through his drawers, Maggie discovers letters from her deceased mother’s mother. The girls’ mom suffered from a mental illness and was killed in an auto accident when they were just kids. Since that time, they haven’t had any contact with their mother’s family. Both sisters believe their grandmother is dead so it’s a real shock to Maggie to learn she’s alive and well and living in a retirement community in Florida. With nowhere else to go, Maggie goes off to confront the grandmother she just discovered is still around.

Pushed and shoved by her grandmother into standing on her own two feet, Maggie begins to blossom into a self-assured woman who doesn’t need anyone around to lean on. Meanwhile, Rose also reassesses her life and falls in love with a good, decent man (Mark Feuerstein). Yet hanging over both women is the horrible tear in their relationship that needs mending.


It’s a great movie that will make you laugh, cry and realize the value of family. You should’ve watched it!

And if by any chance you’re watching video in YouTube, Google Video or iFilm and thought of having that video in your PC. Here’s the answer man.

Install this VideoDownloader Firefox Extension to your PC then restart your Firefox. Then follow the instructions in how to download a video from YouTube, Google Video or iFilm. In downloading, you need to change or add extension flv to the video in order to visualize it in FLV player but for some unknown reason you want to convert it to other video format. Here’s CinemaForge, the easier shareware software in converting videos to SWF, AVI, MPEG, FLV, MOV, RM, WMV formats.

That’s it.

If you’re feelin’ lazy, don’t hesitate to ask for my assistance.

No comments: