Thursday, June 29, 2006

it really pissed me

This unwanted incident happened last Wednesday at the office specifically 7:30 in the evening. Me, Alben and our subordinate had an argument. The occurence started when she messaged me asking if we can deliver the tones she was formatting at that moment on Friday, supposed she will take a leave on Thursday. I answered her uncertain, because it is urgently needed by the client on Thursday. I can feel madness from her messages, she stated that she was not a robot so I asked her if I need to explain. She insisted that my explanation is no use...it's her job and she need to finish it. After what she said that unnerves me I demanded a meeting to clear things as I can smell misconception. She refused my request and she shouted exiting, turning her back on me. I don't want to write detailed lines she said to exaggerate things. I approached Alben so we can hold a meeting regarding what happened, explaining my side of rushing the tones on that day. Proceeding to the Conference Room we bumped into her at the reception area demanding her to go with us to discuss things. When sitted, she keeps on yelling on us that she was fed up doing all the formatting stuffs that she can no longer continue it and her head was aching due to others bothering her asking questions regarding formatting. We listened to her silently absorbing all her rants. I feel insulted as she hoots on us. I still managed to lower my voice and explained calmly to her my discernments.

Since Monday, I keep on reminding her that she will work over time on Wednesday due to huge order of MM with complicated formats. The total number of tones is 38. Last Tuesday, I gave her the first batch of it with 10 titles. I directed the arrangers to take home the 11 remaining songs for sequencing so the files would be ready for formatting on Wednesday morning. I gave her only 28 tones to format for the whole day. She pried a leave on Thursday so I rushed the arrangers to make the files due on Thursday on that day so she can format it and deliver. I tried my best to negotiate the delivery date to the client but they insisted to have it delivered by Thursday as they need the tones urgently. So I pushed her to finish the three tones for delivery on Thursday. Yes, there are other formatters who can do it by Thursday but I presumed that she can manage to finish it since I gave not-that-much load to her. Her attitude was so annoying when I'm explaining to her. She barked that she cannot finish the job as she was tired enough to do it and keeps on saying "What if I'm not here...who will do the formatting??...you do not even allow me to take a leave...blah blah blah" and all those stuffs. On that moment I forgot to learn the virtue of patience and told her to finish what she can do and get off as she said she was too tired. The meeting ended and we directed to our respective terminals. She banked the data she finished, packed her things and sped off.

This happening really pissed me. The blood ran over my head and felt uneasiness to breathe. If you were on my shoe...what would you do???

No comments: