Tuesday, July 04, 2006

superman returns

Finally I had watched the most awaiting movie of the year, Superman Returns. I'm not a huge fan of Superman compared to my sister who bought every single item of it. Pfft...she even wanted to buy a cake yesterday to complete her collection...so pathetic. Anyway, we had our feet at nearby SM to watch it. We were too excited as we enter the mall hearing its theme song. I almost drag her to the ticketbooth...hahaha.

It was too crowded inside the theater and all you can hear were giggling of kids waiting for their superhero and crying of babies scared in the dark place. The noise and blocking heads of people didn't matter to us, we were gaping at the big screen like kids waiting for the opening of presents under the christmas tree.

Bryan Singer reborn the man of steel with the touch of new age but still replicates the tradtional superhero we knew but I'm a bit disappointed coz it was more on romance. He missed the action that I was expecting. It would be more exciting if Lex Luthor created a villain for him. I was waiting on that part when Lex's group dropped a part of the crystal onto water, a miniature of the whole city. After a minute it starts to rave like Godzilla sputtering out of it then the power constantly fading out until total black out to the whole city. My eyes were riveted on the raving water waiting for a creature to raise from it but I saw nothing. One more thing, I was waiting for his son to use more power but he did it only once. I thought it is his son who will save him from drowning, let's say he was the one who saw superman drowning by pointing it to Lois, he still saved him...haha...but my concern is the use of his powers...hehe.

Anyway, the visual effects were astounding and expensive but it did impressed all the viewers. Brandon Routh was so adorable playing the role of Superman. He's really an Adonis...I want to take him home...haha.

Although quite dismayed, we left the movie house with a smile...having seen superman soar again.

No comments: