Friday, February 02, 2007

It’s getting worst.

When I was taking a bath yesterday morning, I coughed with blood. Hell yeah, blood! And it’s very unusual. I never experienced coughing with blood. I was terrified so I quickly splashed the cold water continuously onto my body and hurriedly went upstairs to inform my Mom and of course my Boyfriend. Then after a few minutes my phone rang. Here’s the boyfriend to the rescue. He told me to see a doctor, immediately. Well, for sure, with what had happened, I really need to seek a doctor’s touch.

We met at the corner of our streets and directed to an associate medical service of our company for free check-up. I met Dr. Santos-Cacal, an affable person. Well, I guess I don’t need to repeat what she said verbatim. She advised me to undergo some tests and X-RAY. From some sort of two tests and an X-RAY it went to an annual check-up so the company will shoulder all the expenses. I just paid PHP250 for the PPD test and for some unknown reason it is not included in the annual health check-up so I settled the payment from my own pocket.

Arrgh. I really hate going to hospitals or clinics.

They took my urine for analysis. They pierced me with this needle, that I'm scared of, on my right arm and get enough blood for analysis. And PPD really hurts. They injected me this liquid-medicine-from-a-vial and as the fluid accumulated into my cell, an upswelling occurred in my skin. Ouch!

We lay our hope that the blood was caused only by a strained throat. Our fingers are crossed waiting for the result next week.

Huuummn.

It's Saturday again and by this time, I will go to my hometown. I miss my Mom and my sister. In this time of my life, I need TLC from a mother.

No comments: